Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Tuesday, 13 September 2016
EYE on the World - "Teacher Seeks Pupil" - Ishmael
Without Gorilla Will There be Hope For ...?
Today’s IUCN Red List update also reports the decline of the Plains Zebra due to illegal hunting, and the growing extinction threat to Hawaiian plants posed by invasive species. Thirty eight of the 415 endemic Hawaiian plant species assessed for this update are listed as Extinct and four other species have been listed as Extinct in the Wild, meaning they only occur in cultivation.
The IUCN Red List now includes 82,954 species of which 23,928 are threatened with extinction.
Mammals threatened by illegal hunting
The Eastern Gorilla (Gorilla beringei) – which is made up of two subspecies - has moved from Endangered to Critically Endangered due to a devastating population decline of more than 70% in 20 years. Its population is now estimated to be fewer than 5,000. Grauer’s Gorilla (G. b. graueri), one subspecies of Eastern Gorilla – has lost 77% of its population since 1994, declining from 16,900 individuals to just 3,800 in 2015.
- EYE on the World - "Teacher Seeks Pupil" - Ishmael...
- ALERT: Top Global #Bonds Manager Positioning For H...
- Wall St Lambs: Wells Fargo Terminates 5,300 Rank &...
- There Are Signs G20 Is Losing Its Global #Economic...
- EYE on the World - ``Ìntergalactic Fire Sale
- Economic Bells Of Gloom Toll For #Greek Exports
- ALERT: Hanjin Collapse Signals Weak Global #Econom...
- Eurozone 23.5% Unemployment Rate Sits At Staggerin...
- Long-Term Investing Is Dead!
- ▼ September (9)
- ► 2015 (91)