Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
"The OPEC charts below were produced from data published in the OPEC Monthly Oil Market Report ." OPEC August 2019 O...
Friday, 4 March 2016
World on Edge as North Korea Prepares Nukes
Even the limited use of nuclear weapons places the world in greater peril than most appreciate or know at first glance. Why? Russia operates a mechanized nuclear defence program that is often termed and referred to as " the dead-hand system" because the missile-launch- order can be triggered when its sensors determine that the radioactivity in the atmosphere is beyond preset acceptable levels. Breaching of these tests causes the system to conclude and assume that a nuclear attack is being carried out against their nation and it will then automatically order the launch of Russian missiles aimed at predetermined targets.
There is no human involvement.
As North Korea expands its nuclear arsenal, will Seoul have to consider targeting missile sites at some point?
As North Korea continues to develop both nuclear weapons and the missile technology to carry them,pressure on South Korea to take preemptive military action will gradually rise. At some point, North Korea may have so many missiles and warheads that South Korea considers that capability to be an existential threat to its security. This is the greatest long-term risk to security and stability in Korea, arguably more destabilizing than a North Korean collapse. If North Korea does not arrest its nuclear and missile programs at a reasonably small, defensively-minded deterrent, then Southern elites will increasingly see those weapons as threats to Southern survival, not just tools of defense or gangsterish blackmail.
North Korean leader
Kim Jong Un has ordered nuclear weapons to be readied for use, the state-controlled Korean Central News Agency reported Thursday.
In reality, what this new policy, which is the same as the old policy, does is induce businesses to invest more on durable goods like cars and houses, which is why there are new bubbles in these markets, at least in some regions. The price-per-square-foot of Las Vegas real estate, for example, is now higher than it was just before the crash of 2008. There’s also a student debt bubble and a stock market bubble, in my opinion, thanks to the Fed’s single-minded and very simple policy of print, print, and print some more. Rather than reducing some of the wild and reckless speculation on Wall Street, the government bailouts of the speculators created a “moral hazard problem” that will encourage even more reckless speculation. If the speculative investments pay off, they keep the profits; when they go bust, they can count on another round of “too-big-to-fail” bailouts.
Countries producing 73 percent of the world's oil have agreed to freeze oil production, Russia's energy minister said Tuesday.
For an automaker, the idea is to build just enough EV models to meet the California mandates. Sure, your electric vehicles will lose money, but you’re getting credit for the EVs’ 100-mpg fuel ratings. In the bargain, you can still sell lots of gas-guzzling Escalades, Navigators and F-150s (all highly profitable vehicles to make and sell) — and still come out with a fleet-wide average of 54.5 mpg when 2025 rolls around.
Alberta Budget Deficit Could Top $10 billion
- FED Thinks Outside World is Scary Place - Hmm!
- Shorts Targeting Texas Regional Energy Banks
- The Game-Changer: "More Electric Cars"
- Europe Under Historical Siege: Survival or Collaps...
- Funeral for Bears & Bulls - Enter the Bunny!
- NIKE Sales - Just Do It - Swooshing to Doghouse
- Clearly Market Values Now Seeking Greater Fools
- Bulls Return to Energy Markets
- Buy Gold or Stocks?
- Energy #Bonds Have High Default Potential
- HUGE Bankruptcies Loom in #Shale OIL Industry
- Valeant Shares Collapse 40% - Dark Rumours Say Mor...
- S&P Target Slashed by Morgan Stanley
- Top Hedge Fund Holds Record Short Position
- Hong Kong YOY Home Sales #Meltdown, UNREAL 70%
- Bond Yields Sinking to Crazy New Lows
- Chinese Exports #Meltdown by 25.4% YOY
- Greece In Trouble Again - Migrants Affect Tourist ...
- Fears Grow Over Global Banking Viability
- World on Edge as North Korea Prepares Nukes
- TIPS: Should You Trust an Advisor? The Shadow Kno...
- China's Ghost Economy Plans Massive Layoffs
- Stocks Nosedive: PANIC Engulfs #China
- ▼ March (23)
- ► 2015 (91)