Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Friday, 17 June 2016
"Negative Interest Rates" Are Bad News Experiment
Citi FX has released a scathing assessment of negative interest rate policies being implemented by central banks, describing the widespread economic experiment as the equivalent of letting doctors carry out untested surgical techniques on every patient in a hospital.
In a brief note sent to clients on Thursday night, Citi analyst Gregory Marks provides a brutal analysis of the policies, which are currently being implemented by, among others, the European Central Bank, Bank of Japan, and Sweden's Riksbank.
He invokes what he calls the "Havenstein experience" to attack the policy, basically arguing that we shouldn't trust the decisions of central bankers just because they are in a position of power.
“But these findings embody more than numbers — they also are a symbol of the American spirit,” Giving USA Foundation Chair W. Keith Curtis said. “It’s heartening that people really do want to make a difference, and they’re supporting the causes that matter to them. Americans are embracing philanthropy at a higher level than ever before.”
Risk appetite fell to its lowest level in four years, consistent with recession, although growth and profit expectations hit a six-month high and inflation expectations a one-year high, BAML's global fund manager survey showed.
The press release didn't specifically mention the BUDD-e, Volkswagen's electric concept van, which was built to show off the company's Modular Electric Toolkit (abbreviated MEB in German). In January, Volkswagen's head of electronic development, Dr. Volkmar Tanneberger, told Car Magazine that a car very much like the BUDD-e would hit production in 2020.
- Joy, Hope And Celebrations Counter #Brexit Fears, ...
- Banks' Stress-Tests Are A Joke - "The Name's Tucke...
- Soros Expects UK Currency and Economic Troubles Wi...
- WARNING: Canadian Housing Crash Could Impair BIG B...
- UK Newspaper Face Dismal Times As Revenues Decline...
- "Negative Interest Rates" Are Bad News Experiment
- #Toronto Real Estate About To Burst
- Eurozone (#EU) Heading For Collpase
- #Brexit Spooking Global Markets
- Microsoft Buys LinkedIn for $26.2 Billion
- EYE on the World - Rising Global Risks and Concern...
- Bonds Rally When There's Nowhere to Run;Nowhere to...
- Investors Not Buying China's Market Story
- Venezuelan Dollar Bonds: The Silver Lining
- Major Outflows Face Britain Before #Brexit
- Could #Trump Trigger Global Economic Collapse?
- ▼ June (16)
- ► 2015 (91)