Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Friday, 14 March 2014
Canadian Real Estate Set For Collapse?
OTTAWA — A new report into Canada’s hot housing market is trying to calm fears of a coming collapse in prices, saying the biggest threat to home valuations may be government meddling with mortgage rules.
The paper by economist Will Dunning, who runs a real estate market research firm in Toronto, says Canadians have been mostly prudent investors in housing and that the market can absorb either higher prices or a one-per-cent hike in interest rates.
Rather than being over-valued, house prices in Canada are fairly valued and may even be undervalued, he says.
The paper was released on the same day a new Teranet-National Bank composite price index rose to a new all-time high, showing home prices rose 0.3 per cent in February.
The Bank of Canada and the federal government have warned about an over-heated housing market for several years, arguing that once interest rates start rising, the roof will cave in for some home buyers.
The Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) has also pointed to Canada as having the world’s most over-valued housing market. (Read More)
We have had the Canadian Real Estate market on our watch list for some time now, particularly the Toronto Condo market where a bust in this bubble could suppress prices anywhere from 30 to 50% in short order. Once interest rates commence there inevitable climb, this adjustment is an absolute mathematical certainty.
March 14, 2014
Toronto Condo Bubble Crashing
Remember what happens -
- ► 2016 (137)
- ► 2015 (91)
- More Predict Wall Street Collapse
- Warren Buffet Really Doesn't Get IT!
- PIMCO: No Fears Emerging Markets???
- Alibaba Cash Crunch Hits China Banks - Vampires B...
- The Death of Money - Gold Bugs Buzzing
- Chinese #IPOs Risky Business
- Could China's Bonds Spike Global Rates?
- More Signs China's Real Estate Slumps
- MARKET ALERT - #China in Trouble - Platinum Wealth...
- A Tale of Charts - Crash Imminent
- SURE SIGN OF A MAJOR CRASH
- 2014 Stocks to Drop 50%
- Copper Prices Say China Slowing
- Canadian Real Estate Set For Collapse?
- US Retail Stores Face Apocalypse
- Housing Crash to Spark UK Inflation?
- Dow Crashing to 6000?
- PUTIN WARNS OF ECONOMIC COLLAPSE
- ▼ March (18)