Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
"The OPEC charts below were produced from data published in the OPEC Monthly Oil Market Report ." OPEC August 2019 O...
Wednesday, 9 March 2016
Chinese Exports #Meltdown by 25.4% YOY
Coal provides about a third of Oregon's electricity, but most of it is imported from Utah, Montana and Wyoming. The state only has one operating coal-fired power plant, the 36-year-old Boardman facility supplying about 550 megawatts, but it is due to shut down by 2020.
State Republicans criticized the bill as leading to higher electricity costs for households but Pacific Power, a large Oregon utility, answered that the move to renewables would only raise costs by less than 1 percent by 2030, the newspaper said. The other major utility in the state, Portland General Electric, also backed the deal.
Economists (like me) take a wider perspective. We tend to focus on markets as aggregates rather than on individual firms. We also see government as an economic actor in its own right, providing public goods and other essentials that markets don’t because of externalities and market failure. We know the “logic” of government leads it to overreach, but most of us don’t imagine that we can live without it
Recently it occurred to me that the wave pool provides a metaphor for a complex, but disquieting phenomena that I've have been writing about at Oil-price.net for some time now -for previous articles see 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2015.
For anyone who has read one of these pieces you'll know how I have described that every three to four years volatility in the price of oil surges upwards as if spurred by an unseen wave machine.
- FED Thinks Outside World is Scary Place - Hmm!
- Shorts Targeting Texas Regional Energy Banks
- The Game-Changer: "More Electric Cars"
- Europe Under Historical Siege: Survival or Collaps...
- Funeral for Bears & Bulls - Enter the Bunny!
- NIKE Sales - Just Do It - Swooshing to Doghouse
- Clearly Market Values Now Seeking Greater Fools
- Bulls Return to Energy Markets
- Buy Gold or Stocks?
- Energy #Bonds Have High Default Potential
- HUGE Bankruptcies Loom in #Shale OIL Industry
- Valeant Shares Collapse 40% - Dark Rumours Say Mor...
- S&P Target Slashed by Morgan Stanley
- Top Hedge Fund Holds Record Short Position
- Hong Kong YOY Home Sales #Meltdown, UNREAL 70%
- Bond Yields Sinking to Crazy New Lows
- Chinese Exports #Meltdown by 25.4% YOY
- Greece In Trouble Again - Migrants Affect Tourist ...
- Fears Grow Over Global Banking Viability
- World on Edge as North Korea Prepares Nukes
- TIPS: Should You Trust an Advisor? The Shadow Kno...
- China's Ghost Economy Plans Massive Layoffs
- Stocks Nosedive: PANIC Engulfs #China
- ▼ March (23)
- ► 2015 (91)