Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Sunday, 21 June 2015
Germany To Leave Euro Over Greece - PARTY IS OVER ???
Representatives of the International Monetary Fund, the European Central Bank and the European Stability Mechanism are waiting in the wings to join the negotiations if progress is made between Greece’s envoy and Juncker’s chief of staff. The aim is to reach a deal before markets open on Monday, the EU official said.
Yet when the surprise vote failed, not only did the stock market as a whole barely react, but the stock prices of large American pharmaceutical companies — the most obvious beneficiaries of these proposals — also remained largely unchanged.
Iowa and Minnesota have taken some of the biggest hits from avian flu, but the outbreak has spread far beyond those two major egg-producing states, all the way to California, Oregon and Washington on the West Coast. It has yet to hit the East Coast, but in North Carolina—which has an $18 billion poultry industry—officials are already taking precautionary measures, including banning all poultry shows and public sales scheduled for mid-August to mid-January, ABC reported.
“We are not talking Fort Knox. But when I first announced this, I got so many emails and phone calls from people literally all over the world who said they want to store their gold … in a Texas depository. People have this image of Texas as big and powerful … so for a lot of people, this is exactly where they would want to go with their gold.”
But isn’t New York, where most of the world’s gold is stored, also big and powerful? Why does the state of Texas want to go through the trouble of building its own storage facility?
First, it takes a lot of patience to be contrarian. You also need to have a lot of discipline. Probably more important than anything else, you need sticky investors. That's the hardest thing to get on the planet right now, an investor willing to stick it out.
Contrarian investors have to have the stomach to buy when the market is in the midst of a violent selloff, and they have to have the wherewithal to ride the volatility of the storm.
Top Weekly Ideas and Insights
The Extinction Debate
- ► 2016 (137)
- CRASH ROCKS GLOBAL MARKETS AS GREECE, BONDS & CHIN...
- Chinese Stock Massacre Continues, & Top Insights
- Trillions Lost, As Chinese Stock Slump Grows, & ...
- "GET READY" For "TWO" Rate Hikes - Powell, & Other...
- Next Meltdown Worse Than 2008, & Other Top Insight...
- Top Wall Street Managers Move To Actual CASH? & Ot...
- Iceland Jailed Their Bankers To Succeed, & More
- Germany To Leave Euro Over Greece - PARTY IS OVER ...
- World Faces Violent Bond Crash
- Street Talk: Bond ETFs Will Collapse Like Bonds -O...
- Euro Doomed When Greece Exits
- Weak US Trade and Job Metrics Continue
- Will Slumping Chinese Property Market Spark Global...
- AMERICA AT THE BRINK - Free Trade Archaic #Policy ...
- US Pension Plans Face Serious Shortfalls Despite L...
- Deepening Greek Economic Crisis Affects G7 Mood
- OPEC Cartel Falling Apart - Oil Prices Could Skyro...
- Bonds Fall Sharply On Panic ; Metals Slide
- REALECONOMIK - ExistentiaL #Insights Governing Phy...
- ▼ June (19)