Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Friday, 6 May 2016
Energy Industry Share Sales Start to Raise Cash
The increased borrowing for an economy already swimming in debt adds to concerns about growing bubbles in certain major asset classes, such as real estate and commodities, and a bond market seeing a rise in corporate defaults.
Gov. Alejandro Garcia Padilla warned that Puerto Rico bond investors face a cascade of defaults starting in July unless Congress passes legislation that facilitates a restructuring of the commonwealth’s debt.
A Moody's team of analysts led by Erick Rodrigues said in a report that the number of companies facing high funding risks rose to 33 percent last year, from 28 percent in 2014. More debt is maturing than companies can generate cash to make payments, while banks are refinancing fewer loans, the analysts said.
Royal Dutch Shell PLC said Wednesday that it would bring the hammer down harder on spending as it contends with a nearly two-year slump in oil prices that dragged the company’s first-quarter earnings down 83% compared with a year earlier. In its first results since completing a landmark acquisition of BG Group PLC earlier this year, the Anglo-Dutch oil giant said Wednesday that it plans to slash its capital spending by nearly 10% in 2016 and expects its operating costs to fall to $40 billion, down $13 billion compared with 2014 levels. “In very simple terms, we’re taking costs out of projects, and projects out of the funnel,” Shell’s chief financial officer Simon Henry told journalists Wednesday. The spending cuts come as Shell reported a sharp drop in quarterly profit on a current cost-of-supplies basis—a number similar to the net income that U.S. oil companies report—to $800 million, down […]
- Top Gurus See Trillion Dollar Market Crash
- Is US Dollar Crash Possible?
- EU Break-Up May Trigger Economic Dark Ages
- EYE on the World - Climate Troubling Times
- Unprecedented Collapse of #Venezuela Imminent
- Gold Prices May Have "Odd Job" Ahead
- Central Banks Selling -Off US Treasury Bonds
- KEY Outlook: India to Lead 2016 #Auto Sales Growth...
- Three Bad Boys Investors Need Watch
- Energy Industry Share Sales Start to Raise Cash
- Listed Chinese Companies Earnings Drop
- Are China's Banks Too Big to Fail?
- China Still Displaying Financial Stress Signals
- Exxon Mobile Reports Terrible 63% Profit Decline
- ▼ May (14)
- ► 2015 (91)