Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Friday, 29 April 2016
GRIM CHARTS: Earnings and S&P Negatively Correlating
Otto Energy Ltd., a company with headquarters in Australia, said it made an oil discovery in the Gulf of Mexico that was productive enough to keep drilling. The company said it ran through columns of oil at its SM-71 well in the Gulf of Mexico and decided to deepen its drilling activity to ensure the entire targeted region will be evaluated. The cost to drill deeper, the company added, is within the original spending target. Matthew Allen, the company’s managing director, said he was “very encouraged” by the results so far. Otto Energy describes the prospect as part of a regional “low cost, high-chance-of-success” opportunity in […]
One hundred and sixteen years after the birth of Woody Woodpecker creator and animator Walter Lantz, and WTI crude oil is knocking on the door of $45 – and knocking on wood that U.S. production is wilting. Here are six things to consider about the oil market on this final Wednesday in April: 1) Today is set to be dominated by a game of two halves; inventories this morning, and Federal Reserve rumblings this afternoon. While the API inventory report points to a draw to crude stocks (h/t lower imports), expectations of dovish rhetoric from the Fed is putting downward pressure on the dollar. Hence, crude is once again pushing on to new highs for the year. The bullish sentiment for oil however did not last long after the DOE surprised by contradicting the API and reporting a significant build in U.S. crude stocks. 2) A piece today talking […]
- GRIM CHARTS: Earnings and S&P Negatively Correlati...
- Shocker as Exxon Downgraded by S&P
- Results for Twitter & Apple Conveys Dimming Prospe...
- Bankers Desperately Monetize Energy Loans to Mitig...
- Schlumberger Profits Plunge 49% Cuts 2000 Jobs
- High Tech Meltdown Spreads to Google & Microsoft
- Saudis Cash Flow Troubles Cause $10B Bank Drawdown...
- Goldman Sachs Profits Collapse 56.3%
- Remember Bond Bear Market Long Past Due
- Q:True Sign of Desperate #BULL? - A: Share Buy-Bac...
- Wells Fargo Records More Energy Pain
- Fitch Downgrades Saudi Arabia Credit
- Chevron CEO Says Markets Normalizing???
- Lousy Q1 Spells Trouble Ahead for US Banks
- Natural Gas Rises as Investors Bet on a Bottom
- Airlines Making BIG Hedges on Fuel
- IMF Fears China's Collapse
- IMF - "More Growth Needed from Advanced Nations "...
- Fiscal Cash Woes Cause Saudi Arabia to Seek Debt ...
- Cash- Strapped Saudi Arabia Won't Hold Production
- Fears Grow Over Major Banking Crisis
- ▼ April (21)
- ► 2015 (91)