Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Monday, 25 April 2016
Schlumberger Profits Plunge 49% Cuts 2000 Jobs
Oil production from the North Sea posted gains in 2015 for the second year in a row, but the recent uptick in output could be a blip in the region’s long-term decline. Oil companies added 160,000 barrels per day last year from North Sea projects in the UK and Norway, according to the IEA . However, those gains came from projects that were planned years ago when oil prices traded above $100 per barrel. With Brent crude declining by more than 60 percent from mid-2014, North Sea oil producers have slashed spending, scrapped projects and are looking to sell off assets. The IEA summed it up in its latest monthly Oil Market Report: “North Sea projects fall victim to oil price slump.” For example, Det Norske, a Norwegian oil producer, is “shopping cheap assets” and is contemplating scrapping its Vette project, which it purchased from Premier Oil just last […]
Saudi Arabian Oil Co., the largest energy firm in the world, is considering listing up to 5% of its value on a stock exchange in New York within the next year, a top Saudi oil official said Thursday. By listing even a tiny fraction of the company, known as Saudi Aramco, the offering would create one of the world’s most valuable energy firms. Estimates of Saudi Aramco’s value have varied, but using a conservative number of $2.5 trillion , a 5% listing would give it a potential value of $125 billion—bigger than BP BP -0.38 % PLC and French oil titan Total SA TOT -0.49 % . The Saudis are considering listing Aramco at a time when the kingdom is trying to raise cash during a period of sharply lower oil prices and transition […]
- GRIM CHARTS: Earnings and S&P Negatively Correlati...
- Shocker as Exxon Downgraded by S&P
- Results for Twitter & Apple Conveys Dimming Prospe...
- Bankers Desperately Monetize Energy Loans to Mitig...
- Schlumberger Profits Plunge 49% Cuts 2000 Jobs
- High Tech Meltdown Spreads to Google & Microsoft
- Saudis Cash Flow Troubles Cause $10B Bank Drawdown...
- Goldman Sachs Profits Collapse 56.3%
- Remember Bond Bear Market Long Past Due
- Q:True Sign of Desperate #BULL? - A: Share Buy-Bac...
- Wells Fargo Records More Energy Pain
- Fitch Downgrades Saudi Arabia Credit
- Chevron CEO Says Markets Normalizing???
- Lousy Q1 Spells Trouble Ahead for US Banks
- Natural Gas Rises as Investors Bet on a Bottom
- Airlines Making BIG Hedges on Fuel
- IMF Fears China's Collapse
- IMF - "More Growth Needed from Advanced Nations "...
- Fiscal Cash Woes Cause Saudi Arabia to Seek Debt ...
- Cash- Strapped Saudi Arabia Won't Hold Production
- Fears Grow Over Major Banking Crisis
- ▼ April (21)
- ► 2015 (91)