Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Thursday, 7 April 2016
IMF Fears China's Collapse
Without state help, Mayor Don Guardian said the city will run out of money this month until the next round of tax payments come in.
Bad loans at Indian banks jumped by nearly a third to around 4 trillion rupees ($60.3 billion) late last year as the central bank drives a national clean-up of banks' balance sheets. That figure doubles to a record amount when restructured, or rolled over, loans are included - amounting to 11.3 percent of all loans, the government says.
The U.S. central bank has to be proactive and aggressive to get up to the Federal Reserve's inflation targets, Chicago Fed President Charles Evans said in Hong Kong on Tuesday.
America’s trade deficit widened in February to a six-month high as an increase in imports exceeded a more modest pickup in shipments overseas. The gap increased 2.6 percent to $47.1 billion from a revised $45.9 billion in January, the Commerce Department reported Tuesday. The median forecast in a Bloomberg survey called for a $46.2 billion February shortfall. The gain in exports was just the first in five months and highlights the squeeze on American manufacturers from a stronger dollar that’s made U.S.-made goods less attractive in a weaker global marketplace. A third straight increase in the deficit indicates trade will weigh on first-quarter growth. “American economic demand is stronger than abroad,” said David Sloan, senior economist at 4Cast Inc. in New York. Still-weak overseas growth in the months to come will mean a “slow and steady gradual increase in the deficit, which will be a modest drag on growth […]
- GRIM CHARTS: Earnings and S&P Negatively Correlati...
- Shocker as Exxon Downgraded by S&P
- Results for Twitter & Apple Conveys Dimming Prospe...
- Bankers Desperately Monetize Energy Loans to Mitig...
- Schlumberger Profits Plunge 49% Cuts 2000 Jobs
- High Tech Meltdown Spreads to Google & Microsoft
- Saudis Cash Flow Troubles Cause $10B Bank Drawdown...
- Goldman Sachs Profits Collapse 56.3%
- Remember Bond Bear Market Long Past Due
- Q:True Sign of Desperate #BULL? - A: Share Buy-Bac...
- Wells Fargo Records More Energy Pain
- Fitch Downgrades Saudi Arabia Credit
- Chevron CEO Says Markets Normalizing???
- Lousy Q1 Spells Trouble Ahead for US Banks
- Natural Gas Rises as Investors Bet on a Bottom
- Airlines Making BIG Hedges on Fuel
- IMF Fears China's Collapse
- IMF - "More Growth Needed from Advanced Nations "...
- Fiscal Cash Woes Cause Saudi Arabia to Seek Debt ...
- Cash- Strapped Saudi Arabia Won't Hold Production
- Fears Grow Over Major Banking Crisis
- ▼ April (21)
- ► 2015 (91)