Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Thursday, 7 July 2016
Bull Run With GOLD Soaring Towards $1,400 US
Gold's post-Brexit vote surge continues unabated, with Bloomberg reporting today that the price of the safe haven commodity has risen for six consecutive days.
UBS speculates that the commodity could reach $1,400/ounce "in the short term," with prices averaging $1,340 in the second half of this year, according to Bloomberg. The price per ounce reached its highest point since March 2014 today (July 6) at $1,374/ounce before retreating below $1,370/ounce.
The story and an accompanying interview with Robin Tsui of State Street Gloval Advisors state that investors are flooding into both physical gold and gold ETFs. Silver is also running up, and has topped $20/ounce. Tsui foresees the trend will continue for the "foreseeable future."
These days strategic investors, rather than retail investors, are driving the market, Tsui said. These investors believe gold "has started or resumed its important role as a strategic asset in portfolios."
The fallout from the commodities price rout may prove to be more lasting than that of the 2008 global financial crisis. Economies dependent on oil and minerals have borne the full brunt of the price drop, but even mature, diversified economies such as Canada’s have trouble dealing with the consequences of an 80 percent slide in the price of crude over 16 months and similarly major declines in other key commodities. A business sentiment survey conducted by the Bank of Canada among 100 companies between May and June has revealed that local businesses are wary of new investments, with the majority of respondents not planning any over the next 12 months. The situation is understandably the worst in energy and related industries, where many businesses are preparing a new round of cost cuts, while service providers are guardedly optimistic, planning to add new jobs. The goods […]
- WARNING: Huge Profit Drop Sees Deutsche Bank Mirr...
- Japan's Stagnation Sets Stage For Deep Economic De...
- Recession Hits Brazil Hard As Bankruptcies Surge
- US New Home Sales Surge To Record
- Verizon Goes Yahoo For $4.8 Billion
- Top Nuclear Physicist's - "Dream of Peace" (Part 1...
- EYE on the World - " Between The Devil And The Dee...
- UK Economic Juggernaut Created By Brexit Boom
- EU Apocalypse Assured By Italy's Meltdown
- Economic Collapse Could Be Triggered By $50 Oil?
- Ontario Finances Out-of-Control As Debt Soars To $...
- Netflix Drops $6 BIllion Share Value On Slowed Su...
- Stock And Bond Record Values Sets A Cautious Mood...
- EYE on the World - Destiny's Key Unfolding Mega T...
- Seven Charts With Economic And Monetary Message
- US Social Security Insolvency Approaching?
- EYE on the World - Unbridled Overpopulation
- J.P. Morgan Profit Beats Estimates
- EU Heading For Bigger Troubles
- Absolute Return: Alternative Investments for Today...
- Top Bank Says Likelihood of Recession Now 60%
- Bull Run With GOLD Soaring Towards $1,400 US
- Italy Next - As Severe Banking Crisis Unfolds
- US Economic & Financial Collapse Accelerating
- Indices Assert US In Recession
- ▼ July (25)
- ► 2015 (91)