Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Tuesday, 19 July 2016
Netflix Drops $6 BIllion Share Value On Slowed Subscriptions
Netflix Inc.'s stock plunge, which is on course to be the second-biggest one-day price decline in its history, has wiped away nearly $6 billion in market value. The stock tumbled $13.96, or 14%, toward the lowest close since Feb. 8, after video streaming service reported second-quarter results late Monday. With about 428.3 million shares outstanding, according to FactSet, the selloff is shaving $5.98 billion from Netflix's market cap. Co-founder and Chief Executive Reed Hastings, who owned 6.16 million shares as of July 1, according to FactSet, could be losing about $86 million. The stock's tumble currently ranks second to the $14.06 loss it suffered on April 19, 2016--it lost about $6 billion in market cap on that day--after the company reported first-quarter results. Netflix's stock went public in May 2002.
After-hours: 85.950.11 (0.13%)
In recent weeks the oil market has seen negative sentiment drive prices lower based on expectations of heightened output (some of which have been realized) from recent problem areas including Canada, Nigeria and Libya while refining margins have collapsed and Brexit has added to macro/demand concerns. Over the last two months speculators have trimmed net length by 32 percent in NYMEX WTI and reduced net length in ICE Brent by 21 percent. During WTI’s rally from $26.05 to $51.67 many traders assumed that a gasoline demand boom and falling non-OPEC+Russia production would accelerate a clearing of the global crude supply overhang and lead to higher prices. Instead, traders are looking at a more negative macro picture, a global glut of gasoline is weighing on the entire complex and fear of another move into the $30s is gaining momentum. • In our view, however, a protracted move […]
- WARNING: Huge Profit Drop Sees Deutsche Bank Mirr...
- Japan's Stagnation Sets Stage For Deep Economic De...
- Recession Hits Brazil Hard As Bankruptcies Surge
- US New Home Sales Surge To Record
- Verizon Goes Yahoo For $4.8 Billion
- Top Nuclear Physicist's - "Dream of Peace" (Part 1...
- EYE on the World - " Between The Devil And The Dee...
- UK Economic Juggernaut Created By Brexit Boom
- EU Apocalypse Assured By Italy's Meltdown
- Economic Collapse Could Be Triggered By $50 Oil?
- Ontario Finances Out-of-Control As Debt Soars To $...
- Netflix Drops $6 BIllion Share Value On Slowed Su...
- Stock And Bond Record Values Sets A Cautious Mood...
- EYE on the World - Destiny's Key Unfolding Mega T...
- Seven Charts With Economic And Monetary Message
- US Social Security Insolvency Approaching?
- EYE on the World - Unbridled Overpopulation
- J.P. Morgan Profit Beats Estimates
- EU Heading For Bigger Troubles
- Absolute Return: Alternative Investments for Today...
- Top Bank Says Likelihood of Recession Now 60%
- Bull Run With GOLD Soaring Towards $1,400 US
- Italy Next - As Severe Banking Crisis Unfolds
- US Economic & Financial Collapse Accelerating
- Indices Assert US In Recession
- ▼ July (25)
- ► 2015 (91)